Pages

Friday 29 June 2012

Have I got it right!!

Well this past week has seen me frantically getting things ready for the 2 fairs that I have on this weekend.  Both a little different as one is a rag rummage which is mostly vintage fabrics and anything to do with textiles and the other one is a Vintage Fair set in the lovely grounds of Castle Hill in Devon.
I have to say that I am a little concerned about the first fair and only hope that I have got it right, I am afraid my things don't look very raggy!! (new word but I think you know what I mean).
As promised here are some photos of some of the things that I bought in France I was so pleased with them and look so nice when they have all been washed starched and ironed.
A trug full of bundles of vintage fabrics
 a beautiful chemise and lace bought at brocante markets in Biarritz
 Toile and sweet little books by Shakespeare
 Some bags that I have made from french linen and french fabrics
 lovely monogram sheet and some monogram embroidery initials that you can sew onto fabrics as well as a beautiful lace necklace and you can just see a sweet little french book.

 Pretty plates and lavender bags
 Old wooden cotton reels and french studs.
Pretty bags just right for the summer (when it comes)

Well I hope I have got it right and will keep you informed I think it looks ok so why do I get so worried! Oh well time will tell! Off to bed now as early start in morning about 6 o'clock ugh!!!!

17 comments:

  1. Good luck with the Fairs - I'm sure you'll do really well - beautiful things, and prettily displayed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have it very right, if I were there I would be buying things from you!

    So, have a good time im sure you will do well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks beautiful - I'm sure you'll have a busy day! Hope the sun shines and you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks lovely to me, am sure you have got it right ... wish I could come! Have a lovely time, Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks beautiful. I do wish I could be there. I would buy all sorts of things. Can I be very nosy and ask what you wash and starch the fabrics with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello from your newest subscriber!
    Fabulous blog, am loving it!
    Sending hugs from the Isle of Anglesey! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jill - soooo lovely to see you today and meet Mr NDR. I wish I'd known you were bringing French Studs (!) I'd have been round to your stand even quicker, Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful french linens I am so envious of you wandering through french brocantes my idea of heaven, your basket of fabric bundles are gorgeous, best of luck at the fair!!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  9. When reading your post I realise you have already had one fair. I hope it was a success! You bought some lovely things in France and I like the bags you made very much.

    Hope tomorrow will be a good day for you too!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooo its all lovely!
    In my little experience people love to rummage through baskets, i always have a basket of odd china to sell. And price everything! I'm always put off asking for prices at fairs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wish I was going!Hope that you have a great time.....
    Callie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice to see you today, I've been looking at your blog for ages and to think we are almost related (sort of !!) hope you had a nice tea at mum and toms, your stall looked just right today, hope you did well.

    Vicki XX

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I think you've got it right too. I'd love to have a browse but I'm too far away :-(
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful French haul! Hope that the fairs went well - looking forward to hearing all about them - was your fabric 'raggy' enough?
    Paula x

    ReplyDelete
  15. C'est un très joli blog où je me suis baladée avec beaucoup de plaisir!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything looks so pretty!

    Sure the fairs are going to be a success. Looking forward to the news.

    Regards
    Garden Chair

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely bags you created! Are they available for purchase? I'm in the US.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely words