Pages

Sunday 10 June 2012

Weather, flowers and holidays!!

Well I am going to skip talking about the weather because it is really becoming very boring now, although yesterday we did have lunch in the garden!
After last weekend with all the celebrations everything seems rather dull, but there is a little spark to keep me going and that is flying out to Biarritz on Tuesday, and the only think on my mind right now is making sure I don't fill my suitcase before I go, because I really need to leave room for goodies to bring home, apparently there is one of the biggest monthly brocante markets on when we are there!
At long last I am picking flowers from the garden, and don't you just love this plate which I found at Avington Brocante from the lovely stall Found Country Antiques
(my favourite stall there!!)

My paeony is just starting to flower, hopefully they will be out when I come home, the garden is filled with wild flowers and foxgloves all we need now is warm sunny weather (sorry I know I said I wouldn't mention it).







I hate carrying formal handbags, and bought this beautiful french quilted fabric at the Vintage Fair in Frome from Hesta Nesta and have made it into a large bag, I think it is big enough for my finds!!

Promise to take lots of photos while away to show you all.
Oh nearly forgot, spied this Hare from my kitchen window managed to just catch him with my camera

Biarritz here I come

15 comments:

  1. Great photo of the hare! Have a great time and I hope your garden is in bloom when you return.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time on holiday, of course we need the photo's to prove it. I hope you get plenty of that stuff we won't mention, something shiny is breaking through the clouds even here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if my last post made it. But they're beautiful photos.

    Enjoy Biarritz, and yes I entirely agree about the wisdom of not filling suitcases on the trip out. I hate not being able to buy things I really want to take home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your trip. Can't wait to see what treasures you bring back. By the way - my 3 year old son is very jealous of the bunnies in your yard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's one big bunny.
    Beautiful pictures of the plates.
    Have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty plate. I also bought from Found Country Antiques. Love the bag you have made and have a great holiday. How can you bear to leave this cold, damp weather for the sunshine?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh yes, just take the one outfit and keep washing it - lol! Def need plenty of room for buying french pretties! Cant wait to see the piccies. Enjoy!
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pictures Jill, I would really love a bag like that!
    Hope you have a wonderful time in Biarritz.
    Essie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a wonderful holiday in Biarritz Jill - hope the weather (oops sorry!) is much better over there.

    I love your bag, as you say far preferable than a formal one and lots of room for the goodies you find on your travels:-)

    Great picture of the lovely hare - you must have been pretty quick with your camera to catch him!

    Jeanne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful photos! Have a wonderful time in Biarritz, you lucky thing - I can't wait to see what you bring home!
    Safe journey,
    Paula x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jill,

    When you read this post you will probably be in Biarritz enjoying the sea and sunshine. I hope you will have a fabulous time!

    Your photo's are lovely! Like the bag you made from the vintage fabric.

    By the way, did you know Pippa is going to move house? A German blogger friend told me. She visits regularly! I really feel sad about it.

    Enjoy your stay in Biarritz! Have fun!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Jill!

    Very cute bag! Good buy.

    Regards
    Garden Chair

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy Biarritz you lucky thing, Bag is just lovely!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your blog it's beautiful!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely words