Pages

Wednesday 12 September 2012

Trip to Sussex

We certainly picked the right week for our trip to Sussex, wall to wall sunshine, we just couldn't believe our luck after the awful summer we have had. 
Our first stop was to Petworth where we visited the Hungry Guest for bread and coffee,
 

 we then went on to visit Petworth House,

stunning house full of art and statues.
but I just loved the servants quarters especially the chef's living room.
 It was then off to the  barn, it was everything that it said, beautiful position and beautifully furnished and equiped the perfect start to our mini break.
 
 
 
 
 
Next day we started off early to visit Ardingly Antique Fair to try and hunt out bargains and then visited Standen House in East Grinstead which was full of William Morris fabrics and wallpapers it was a house that you feel you could curl up and read a book in front of the fire.
 
 
 
 
 

Thursday arrived with lots of sunshine for the Brocante Fair in Wisborough Green in Sussex, here are a few photos of the stalls, everyone had such gorgeous things, and one of the most loveliest fairs I have attended.
 
 
 
 

Today has seen me busy making more things for the fairs this month.  I am very tempted to keep this one would look so nice in my bathroom!

Hope to catch up on all your lovely blogs very soon.

10 comments:

  1. I grew up in Sussex! Your photos are lovely - I really like the way you share all the details of your trips - makes me feel like I went with you!!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  2. it all looks beautiful! lucky you gettting the sunshine, it did come a bit late this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure how I discovered your blog but I love popping in to see what you're doing. That panelling is to die for - I love the Arts and Craft properties with their tall chimneys. Have a good break.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for a lovely virtual visit to some of my favourite places in Sussex. We lived in Chichester for a while, years ago....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh the barn is wonderful ... what a lovely place to stay! Love that red lampshade at Standen House, and the fair looks fab! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. J'ai adoré le Sussex !
    Je ne rêve que d'une chose, y retourner ...
    Bises
    Marie-Ange

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely place and the fair looked like a fun venue too Jill.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh,you've come to my neck of the woods.Isn't Standen wonderful? I wish I could travel back in time and see the family living there.
    I was sorry I couldn't make the fair..it looked amazing.What did you buy I wonder? :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that barn, what a super place in which to stay!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely words