Pages

Monday 4 March 2013

A little taste of Spring!!


I think today had a little touch of spring in the air and how nice was it to feel a little bit of warm sun.  Everytime the postman arrives he brings so many catalogues of new seasons clothes, gardening, and everything for your home.  But the one that I spend ages looking through and dreaming of how my garden should look is Sarah Raven’s catalogue, last year I grew her lovely wild flowers and it was a real success and I was able to take large bunches of flowers to my fairs last summer to brighten up my stall.  This year I am going to grow as many as possible and lets hope that we get the weather to see them in full bloom a lot quicker than we did last year.

 
 
 
Now on to other things, I always have an idea of the type of items I want  to sell on my stall, but get frustrated when I cant find them, I think it gets more difficult all the time, but tomorrow I am off to my favourite auction, one that is amongst the cowsheds and sells such a variety of things from tools to plants and then amongst the odd item there are little gems that I can pick up, things that have been laying around on farms never used that I can bring back to life I am only hoping I am going to find some tomorrow. This is what I dream of finding somehow I just can't see it happening

 
 

 
 
 
 
 

Last week I started doing my first fairs of the year, starting at my favourite one at Wisborough Green in Sussex, it was very busy and lovely to meet fellow blogger Charlotte from a Cottage in Totteridge, and really hope to see her again at Village Vintage in Plumpton. We stayed with friends and went home on Saturday via Devizes where I had a stall at the Vintage Bazaar at Devizes, lots of people, but unfortunately or fortunately I had sold quite a bit at Wisborough Green so my stall was a little depleted.  But here are a few photos of my stall
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
I have also been busy sewing this lovely bags from old french linen and lined with pretty vintage french fabrics.
 
 Now really looking forward to the Vintage Emporiumm at Cuckfield in Sussex this Friday should be fun, such lovely people it is a delight to sell in Sussex.
 
I hope to find time this week to read some of the lovely blogs out there, but if you do come across my blog I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment
 
 
 

17 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely post. Good luck finding the things that you want for your stall. Come over and visit, I've just finished my tea cup chandelier.
    Love your market bags . . . so pretty.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stall pictures are just beautiful as ever Jill!
    I hope that you are lucky at the auction...if you don't go, you don't know!!!
    Love Amanda (Shabby Chick) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ι loved your pictures!!!So interesting blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pictures. Your stall looks great. I agree its getting harder to find good stuff, but its fun looking, isn't it?! Good luck at the auction. Abby x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely to have you back Jill, I have missed your posts. I am so interested in your wild flower meadow, I too plan one of these in our new property. What sort of preparation did you need to do to the land before you planted? Any info would be much appreciated. Your stall looks simply beautiful, good luck with the fairs, I envy you your very obvious talent.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stalls always have so many beautiful items. Even if I can only look online.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yours stalls look lovely and I just hope one day you will bring this to Lincolnshire! I will look for the Sarah Raven flower mix as I have a patch that would look wonderful with this variety. Thanks for the information. Chel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also love Sarah Raven too unfortunately the slugs and snails ate all the plants I had grown from her seeds last year! I hope you had success at the sale today. Your stall as always looks wonderful.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how I wish I could visit your stall!!!! Everything is sooooo beautiful!!
    Have a great day!
    Chris :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love looking at the pretty pictures in your blog. Your hand made goodies are a delight. I'll make sure I come up and speak to you next time I see you at a vintage fair.

    hope you got lucky at the auction!

    Lisa D

    ReplyDelete
  11. we've had a vcouple of spring like days here too! yey!! cant wait to get out and about with my camera again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your stall looks gorgeous! I shall try and come to one of your fairs this summer. Do you do any in Kent?
    I too love browsing the Sarah Raven catalogue.....always so inspiring! Would love to turn our paddock over to wild flowers......

    Sophia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sophie
      Yes I will be doing Decorative Living Fair at Eridge Park, Tunbridge Wells on 16th May, hope to see you there.
      Jill

      Delete
  13. Hi Jill,

    So nice of you to mention me in your post! Lovely photos (as always) and for me your stall was the best one at the Sussex brocante fair! Looking forward to Village Vintage!

    Charlotte x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I almost missed your post Jill! Happy to hear you are very busy, but well. The fairs you go to sound lovely. Hope your auction was successful!

    Have a lovely Easer!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Saying hello from sunny Arizona. England is soo green and lovely, thanks for your beautiful blog, such a joy to pop in and have a look!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lindas fotos, dá vontade de ficar olhando e sonhando. Se puder me visite em blog no Brasil, um abraço.
    http://natalparasonhar.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely words